Body | Locomotor System
Module 1: Low Back, Pelvis & Lower Limb
13 - 17 August 2018 Copenhagen
Svastha Yoga of Krishnamacharya SVASTHA YOGA THERAPY TRAINING PROGRAM Integrating Yoga and mainstream Health Care for Self Care & healing. The International Svastha Yoga Therapy Program brings you the most effective aspects of yoga and Ayurveda combined with modern medicine.
TEACHER Dr Günter Niessen (The teaching is in clear & easy to understand English)
RELEVANT for yoga teachers, students & health professionals with a solid yoga practice who are interested in the therapeutic applications of yoga.
VENUE Bispebjerg Bakke 6, 2400 København NV (Copenhagen North West) Map
PRICE 5 days of intensive learning & professional development 4,600 DK / 615 EURO
Monday 13th August: 10:00am - 5:00pm
Tuesday - Thursday 14th - 16th August :8:30am - 5:00pm
·Friday 17th August: 8:30am - 2:00pm
You will experience and learn therapeutic frameworks, tools & practices for you to use straight away with your clients & students. You will receive a certificate, the module manual, notes, & recordings. You will also be given exclusive access to the Svastha Yoga Therapy International community support group on FB. This is closed for professional support group open to people who have participated in a Svastha Yoga Therapy Program (SYTP) Module.
Scroll down for the content outline for module 1
ABOUT THE TEACHER
Dr. Günter Niessen, is a doctor PhD, orthopaedic surgeon, Ayurvedic doctor, yoga therapist & student of A.G Mohan. The teaching in English is clear, systematic & educational, so everyone can follow. Read about Dr Günter Niessen here.
Outline for Module 1 Low Back, Pelvis & Lower Limb
- Anatomy and function of the lumbar spine, pelvis, hip joint, knees, feet, gait and posture.
- Observation and palpation of pertinent structures.
- Systematic presentation of disorders of the lumbar spine, pelvis and lower limb, especially as relevant to yoga teachers:
- a) Most common disorders that a yoga teacher is likely to see in students
- b) Cause of disorders and their development
- c) Typical presentation of the important problems
- The following disorders and more will be discussed:
- Intervertebral disc problems
- Instability, facet joint problems
- Sacroiliac joint dysfunction
- Soft tissue related disorders (muscles, ligaments, tendons) - Hip and knee arthritis
- Meniscal and ligament tears in the knee
- Dropped arches and hallux valgus.
- Function-oriented approach and guidelines for these conditions using the tools of yoga (particularly movement and breathing).
- Classical yoga methods of Krishnamacharya combined with modern medical concepts (pain-free mobility, stability, endurance, strength, range of motion, flexibility).
- What a yoga teacher needs to know about the modern medical treatments available and the role of surgery.
- Outline of Ayurvedic perspective and commonly used Ayurvedic herbs.