Trauma Sensitive Foundational 20 hour Workshop, HELSINKI, FINLAND
Friday, 23rd November 14:30 pm - Sunday, 25th November 13:30 pm
This 20-hour Foundational Trauma Sensitive Yoga workshop will introduce participants to the core concepts and applications of David Emerson's highly regarded and empirically validated intervention for Complex Trauma - Trauma Centre, Trauma Sensitive Yoga (TCTSY).
Mental Health Clinicians working with clients with complex trauma histories & wish to learn how to incorporate elements of TCTSY into their existing clinical work. You do not need to be a yoga teacher.
Yoga Teachers who wish to learn how to make their existing yoga classes trauma-informed.
- Understanding Trauma
- Theoretical underpinnings of TCTSY
- Methodology of TCTSY
BACKGROUND & FOUNDATION
- History of Trauma 'Diagnostic' Frameworks - From PTSD to Complex Trauma
- Attachment Theory – Relationship & Agency
- Trauma Theory – Empowerment, Trauma-informed relationship & Memory
- Neurophysiology & Biology of Trauma - How trauma impacts the brain & Intra-personal & Inter-personal relationships
- Spectrum of Trauma Symptoms & Complex Trauma as lived experienced
- Spectrum of Trauma Treatments & Why bringing the body into treatment is useful
TRAUMA CENTER TRAUMA SENSITIVE YOGA
- Connecting Theory to Methodology – Trauma-informed framework What, Why & How
- Methods, including creating Safety, the Language of TCTSY, Choice, Interception & Agency
- Experiencing the practice
- Teaching experience - from a trauma-informed lens
- Research studies & current evidence on TCTSY
RESPONSIBLE, ACCOUNTABLE & ETHICAL PRACTICE
- Scope of Practice for Yoga Teachers & Clinicians
- Trauma Treatment vs. Trauma Informed vs. Trauma Sensitive
- Responsible Marketing – Managing Expectations
- Adapting a general Yoga Class - from a trauma-informed lens
- How to introduce elements of TCTSY into one’s Clinical Therapy Practice
THE WORKSHOP IS A COMBINATION OF THEORY & PRACTICE
- Seminar style with space for discussion and reflection
- Small & large group discussion sessions
- Teaching & clinical examples
- Practice Teaching
- Q & A
Workshop Facilitator: Krystyna Kowalski, TCTSY-F, TCTSY-T, C-IAYT, MSc Sociology
Krystyna is a Certified TCTSY Facilitator, Licensed Trainer on the Trauma Center's Training Faculty, Supervisor for the TCTSY Certification Program (300-hour) at the Trauma Center Boston USA as well as Certified Yoga Therapist C-IAYT & MSc Sociology.
ACCREDITATION & PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
Accredited: You will receive a letter of completion from The Trauma Centre, Justice Resource Institute, Boston USA.
Yoga Teachers & Licensed Clinicians
- This workshop satisfies the entrance requirements if you wish to apply for The Trauma Centre's TCTSY-F certification program. You can read more the program here.
Licensed Mental Health Clinicians
- This workshop satisfies the membership requirements for the TCTSY Clinician Consultation Group (for clinicians only).
- Inspiration on how to incorporate elements of TCTSY into your existing therapeutic work.
Non-Clinical Yoga Teachers
- This workshop is intended to help non-clinical yoga teachers create a more trauma-informed yoga class.
For ethical reasons, this workshop does not qualify non-clinical yoga teachers to offer trauma services, including TCTSY.
WORKSHOP & BOOKING DETAILS
Joogatila. Adress: Laajalahdentie 20, 00330 Helsinki MA
355 EURO / 2,650 DKK
- Friday 14:30 - 18:30
- Saturday 08:30 - 18:00
- Sunday 08:30am- 13:30
Please Note: This program is solely for professional development. The context of this workshop is not intended as an intervention for participants who have experienced trauma. The workshop space is intended for teaching purposes and not treatment. Talking about trauma, even in the context of a professional workshop, can be triggering.