Trauma Sensitive Yoga - 20 Hour Foundational Workshop TURKEY
Friday, 1st June 12:00 pm - Sunday, 3rd June 4:00 pm
This 20-hour Foundational Trauma Sensitive Yoga workshop will introduce participants to the core concepts and applications of David Emerson's highly regarded and empirically validated intervention for Complex Trauma - Trauma Centre, Trauma Sensitive Yoga (TCTSY).
Bookings: Visit http://www.maya-yoga.com/etkinlikler (scroll down) and/or write to email@example.com
Mental Health Clinicians working with clients with complex trauma histories & wish to learn how to bring elements of TCTSY into their work. (Note you do not need to be a yoga teacher) & Yoga Teachers who wish to learn how to make their existing yoga classes trauma-informed.
- Understanding Trauma
- Theoretical underpinnings of TCTSY
- Methodology of TCTSY
BACKGROUND & FOUNDATION
- History of Trauma 'Diagnostic' Frameworks - From PTSD to Complex Trauma
- Attachment Theory – Relationships & Agency
- Trauma Theory – Empowerment & Trauma-informed relationships & Memory
- Neurophysiology & Biology of Stress and Trauma - How trauma impacts the brain & the neurobiology of relationships (Intra-personal & Inter-personal)
- Spectrum of Trauma Symptoms & Complex Trauma as lived experienced
- Spectrum of Trauma Treatments
- Why bringing the body into treatment makes sense
TRAUMA CENTER TRAUMA SENSITIVE YOGA
- Connecting Theory to Methodology – The Framework: Why Trauma-Informed & How
- Methods, including creating Safety, the Language of TCTSY, Choice, Interception & Agency
- Experience the practice
- Teaching experience - from a trauma-informed lens
- Research studies & current evidence on TCTSY
RESPONSIBLE, ACCOUNTABLE & ETHICAL PRACTICE
- Scope of Practice for Yoga Teachers & Clinicians
- Trauma Treatment vs. Trauma Informed vs. Trauma Sensitive
- Responsible Marketing – Managing Expectations
- Adapting a general Yoga Class - from a trauma-informed lens
- How to introduce elements of TCTSY into one’s Clinical Therapy Practice
The workshop is a combination of theory & practice
- Seminar style with space discussion and reflection
- Small & large group discussion sessions
- Teaching & clinical examples
- Experiential - Practice Teaching
- Q & A
Accreditation & Professional Development
Presenter: Krystyna Kowalski. Krystyna is a Certified TCTSY Facilitator, Licensed Trainer on the Trauma Center's TCTSY Training Faculty, & Supervisor on TCTSY-F Certification Program (300-hour) at the Trauma Center in Boston USA. Certified Yoga Therapist C-IAYT & MSc Sociology, University of Copenhagen.
Accredited: All participants who complete the workshop will receive a letter of completion from The Trauma Centre, Justice Resource Institute, Boston USA
Yoga Teachers & Licensed Clinicians
This workshop satisfies the entrance requirements if you wish to apply for The Trauma Centre's TCTSY-F certification program. ab
- Licensed Mental Health Clinicians
- This workshop satisfies the membership requirements for the TCTSY Clinician Consultation Group (for clinicians only).
- Inspiration on how to incorporate elements of TCTSY into your existing therapeutic work.
- Non-Clinical Yoga Teachers
- This workshop is intended to help non-clinical yoga teachers create a more trauma-informed yoga class.
- For ethical reasons, this workshop does not qualify non-clinical yoga teachers to offer trauma services, including TCTSY.
This workshop to will be in English with translation in Turkish.
Maya Yoga Address: Zeytinlik Mahallesi, Taşevler Sk. No:2, 34140 Bakırköy/İstanbul, Turkey
- Friday 12:00pm - 5:00pm
- Saturday 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Sunday 9:00am- 4:00pm
This workshop is hosted by Maya Yoga.
To book your place contact firstname.lastname@example.org