Trauma Centre, Trauma Sensitive Yoga - 20 Hr Foundation Workshop in Copenhagen
Friday, 29th September . 6:00pm- Sunday, 1st October 4:30pm
This 20 hour workshop will introduce students to the core concepts and applications of David Emerson's highly regarded and empirically validated intervention for Complex Trauma - Trauma Centre, Trauma Sensitive Yoga (TCTSY).
Two places available & before the wait list comes into operation.
Mental Health Clinician working with clients/patients with complex trauma histories & wish to learn how to incorporate elements of TCTSY into their work
Yoga Teachers who wish to learn how to make their existing yoga classes trauma informed
- Understanding Trauma
- Theoretical underpinnings of TCTSY
- Methodology of TCTSY
BACKGROUND & FOUNDATION
- History of Trauma 'Diagnostic' Frameworks - From PTSD to Complex Trauma
- Attachment Theory – Intra-personal & Inter-personal Relationships & Agency
- Trauma Theory – Empowerment & Trauma informed relationships & Memory
- Neurophysiology & Biology of Stress and Trauma - How trauma impacts the brain
- Spectrum of Trauma Symptoms & Complex Trauma as lived experienced
- Spectrum of Trauma Treatments & Why bring the body into treatment
TRAUMA CENTER TRAUMA SENSITIVE YOGA
- Connecting Theory to Methodology – The Framework, why trauma informed & how trauma informed.
- Methods, including creating Safety, the Language of TCTSY, Choice, Interception & Agency
- Experience the practice
- Teaching experience - from a trauma informed lens
- Research studies & current evidence on TCTSY
RESPONSIBLE, ACCOUNTABLE & ETHICAL PRACTICE
- Scope of Practice for Yoga Teachers & Clinicians
- Trauma Treatment vs. Trauma Informed vs Trauma Sensitive
- Responsible Marketing – Managing Expectations
- Adapting a general Yoga Class - from a trauma informed lens
- How to introduce elements of TCTSY into one’s Clinical Therapy Practice.
The workshop is a combination of theory & practice
- Seminar style with space for discussion and reflecting
- Teaching & clinical examples
- Includes examples from case histories, lived experience,
- Small & large group discussion sessions
- Practice Teaching
- Time for questions, discussion & reflection.
Required & recommended click here
Accreditation & Professional Development
- Accredited - You will receive a letter of completion from The Trauma Centre, Brookline, Massachusetts
- Delivered - By Krystyna Kowalski member of on the TCTSY Training Faculty, at The Trauma Centre. Krystyna is a Certified TCTSY-Facilitator, Licensed TCTSY-Trainer & Supervisor on TCTSY-F Certification Program (300 hour) at the Trauma Center in Boston USA.
- Yoga Teachers & Licensed Clinicians:
- This workshop satisfies the entrance requirements if you wish to apply for The Trauma Centre's TCTSY-F certification program.
- Licensed Mental Health Clinicians:
- This workshop satisfies the membership requirements for the TCTSY Clinician Consultation Group (for clinicians only)
- Inspiration onhow to incorporate elements of TCTSY into your therapeutic practice & work.
- Non-Clinical Yoga Teachers:
- This workshop is intended to help non-clinical yoga teachers create a more trauma informed yoga class.
- For ethical reasons this workshop does not qualify non-clinical yoga teachers to offer trauma services, including TCTSY.
Please Note: This program is solely for professional development. The context of this workshop is not intended as an intervention for participants who have experienced trauma. The workshop space is intended for teaching purposes and not treatment. Talking about trauma, even in the context of a professional workshop, can be triggering.